Successful Cheyenne Day Of Giving
The Day of Giving Drive-Thru Event was held this past Friday, September 25th. Donations were collected at the Kiwanis Community House in Lions Park. Many community members, including some of our very own #1 Properties Realtors, came out to provide help for thousands of area residents struggling for life’s necessities or dealing with medical issues.
The generous outpouring of help from Cheyenne area residents came in many different forms from financial donations, to food and personal care, and some even gave blood at the Vitalant blood drive inside the Community House. All of the items that were donated are now with area agencies to aid in providing help throughout the community. The Day of Giving Board is extremely thankful for all that helped make this event successful.
"We had the blessing of beautiful, sunny weather and donors who came out throughout the day to drop off everything from food and personal care items to medical supplies and equipment, craft items, and used eyeglasses and cell phones,” shared the Day of Giving Board.
DAY OF GIVING 2020 DRIVE-THRU RESULTS (as of September 30, 2020)
- Businesses & community groups helping – 59
- Congregations helping – 70
- Non-perishable food and personal care items – 21,154 pounds
- Leftover prescription medications – 306 pounds
- Medical supplies – 280 pounds
- Blood product donated at Day of Giving – 22
- Durable medical equipment – 380 pieces
- Used eyeglasses – 986 pairs
- Used hearing aids – 31
- Used cell phones – 160
- Hearing aid batteries – 97 dozen
- Cash donations – $15,296
- Volunteers/hours served to run event – 48/267
- In-kind donations – Invaluable!