Inexpensive Home Staging Tips That Sell
A potential Home Buyer enters a house, and they are looking for a place that makes them want to sit down and stay a while. So, what can you do to give them (or your future house guests) that warm, welcoming feeling? Keep reading to find out!
- Curb Appeal. Most Often, Home Buyers start their search on the internet. Their first impression of your home is a photo of the outside. Be sure to spruce up the grounds by weeding, mulching, trimming back trees & bushes, and power washing your siding and walkways.
- Deep Clean. Make your house shine by cleaning everything including the inside of your appliances, the baseboards and windows. Change your air filters and clean out your gutters. This will show buyers that you do regular maintenance on the house.
- Depersonalize & De-clutter. When buyers come into your house, it's important they be able to visualize themselves living there. So take down anything personal, including family photos, collections, diplomas or awards and replace them with generic artwork and photos.
- Neutralize colors. Potential Home buyers might not love the dark purple accent wall in the dining room as much as you do, so it's best to paint the walls a neutral color.
- Clean out closets & drawers. Potential buyers will open every closet, cabinet, drawer and door. You will want to display as much storage as possible.
- Turn up the lights. Open up every blind and curtain to let in as much light as possible. Make sure all the light bulbs in your house are working on the day of the open house.
After you remove all the clutter add some accents such as interesting coffee table books, throw pillows and blankets on the sofa, a bowl of fresh fruit on the kitchen counter and matching towels in the bathroom.
For more thoughts on how to get the most for your home when you sell, contact a #1 Properties Realtor to walk you through every step!