Help Support The 16th Annual Day Of Giving Event
The Day of Giving Board has announced that the 16th Annual Day of Giving will be held this Friday, May 14, from 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. at the Kiwanis Community House in Lions Park. There will also be a special Day of Giving Youth Event that will take place on Thursday, May 13, from 3:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. Both occasions will be drive-through events, and volunteers will follow health guidelines, wear masks, and practice social distancing.
During the Day of Giving Youth event, kids in Cheyenne will be helping their age peers who struggle for such necessities as food, laundry detergent, body wash, shampoo, deodorant, toothbrushes, and toothpaste. The following day adults of the Cheyenne community are asked to bring donations loaded in the back seat or trunk of their cars and deliver the contributions to Kiwanis Community House, or to other various drop-off locations throughout Cheyenne (listed bellow). Masked volunteers will unload the donations curbside, and donors can be on their way. Parking is only required for blood donors attending the on-site Vitalant blood drive at the Kiwanis Community House from 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Day of Giving is requesting donations of nonperishable food, personal care items, craft items, leftover prescription medications, medical equipment and medical supplies, used eyeglasses, hearing aids, and cell phones. They also accepts and appreciates financial donations.
Donations will be boxed and loaded by volunteers for delivery to area agencies, who will deliver the much-needed items the following week to clients in need.
Agencies Day of Giving supports:
* Be the Match – registers prospective bone marrow donors
* Boys & Girls Club
* Comea House
* Donor Alliance – registers potential organ/eye/tissue donors.
* Family Promise
* Frontier Lions Club – collects used eyeglasses, hearing aids, and cell phones with chargers.
* Good Health Will – collects durable medical equipment and medical supplies at the event.
* Magic City
* St. Joseph’s Food Pantry
* Salvation Army
* Unaccompanied Students Initiative
* Vitalant – will hold a blood drive inside the Kiwanis Community House; drop-in or call 638-3326 for an appointment
* Wyoming Coalition for the Homeless
* Wyoming Medication Donation Program – collects leftover prescription medication at the event.
Day of Giving drop-off points for donors who are not able to attend the event*
- Avenues Physical Therapy – 611 West 18th Street
- B & B Appliance – 714 Central Avenue
- First Education Federal Credit Union – 120 West Carlson
- Laramie County Chiropractic – 611 East Carlson
- Paramount Café- 1607 Capitol Avenue.
- Pinnacle Bank – two locations – 3518 Dell Range Blvd. and 1501 South Greeley Highway
- REMAX Capitol Properties – 4000 Central Avenue
- Whispering Chase – 4350 East Lincolnway
*Leftover prescription medications may only be delivered to the Kiwanis Community House between 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. on May 14.