Looking for something to warm you up on these cold winter days? There's nothing better than cozying up with some healthy homemade Winter Vegetable and Lentil Soup.
- 85g dried red lentils
- 2 carrots, quartered lengthways then diced
- 3 sticks celery, sliced
- 2 small leeks, sliced
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- 3 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tbsp vegetable bouillon powder
- 1 heaped tsp ground coriander
- Tip 85g dried red lentils, 2 quartered and diced carrots, 3 sliced celery sticks and 2 sliced leeks into a large pan with 2 tbsp tomato purée, 1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves, 3 chopped garlic cloves, 1 tbsp vegetable bouillon powder and 1 heaped tsp ground coriander.
- Pour over 1½ litres boiling water from the kettle, then stir well.
- Cover and leave to simmer for 30 mins until the vegetables and lentils are tender.
- Ladle into bowls and eat straightaway, or if you like a really thick texture, blitz a third of the soup with a hand blender or in a food processor.